Monday, November 24, 2008

Music and its Borders

I will listen to any kind of music as long as it is upbeat and positive. I listen to a little bit of everything, and especially soft rock. However,at this time of year christmas music trumps everything else. I like music that puts me in a good mood. Christmas music does this very well because it is the happiest time of the time and it just makes you feel happy. My favorite artist is probably Jack Johnson because his songs also always make you feel good. His songs might not make any sense, but they tend to put you in a good mood. My favorite song is the obviously, The Victors. Another one of my favorite songs is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. I find the lyrics of songs to be a lot more important than the beat. I think that the words are what explores boundaries. It allows the artist to express their views and show how they feel. I think the style and songs that I like explore boundaries because it shows a part of who I am, and represents my personality. I am usually positive and very cheerful, and i think that the music I listen to is also that way.

No comments: